We are looking to start a home for 4 woman initially and see what the Lord does from there. We are at the initial steps in getting this started. We know we need funds to either purchase a building or build. We are looking to raise $100,000 for the initial purchase and have approximately $2-3k a month for expenses to run the home.
Here are some of the things we would like to implement:
- Assist in helping with resumes, job applications, and schooling (college or trade) – it will be important to help these individuals know they may need to take a low entry job (McDonalds, etc.) to gain experience for a better type of employment or to finish court ordered programs.
- Provide Christian addiction class (or assist them in following court ordered programs)
- Christian biblical counseling services: individual, family, marriage, parenting, grief, etc.
- Mandatory church services and bible studies
- Provide documentation to courts, parole officers, etc. of the progress of the individuals.
- Random drug testing
- Teaching day to day responsibilities
There are many unsuccessful day treatment programs that have become ways for people to get out of jail, to get healthy for a while; only to return to the same place and do the same things as they did before. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different outcome. This is what these individuals are trapped in. We need to help change that!
Traditional programs are lacking something crucial – Jesus! Jesus is how this transition home will be life changing. Jesus Christ did so in my life and can do the same for these women!
The hope for these women is not to feed them or clothe them. The hope is not in training them for a job or helping them get a home. Hope is not in Dale Morey or a transition home. The hope is the new life in Christ, getting them established in a good King James Church, and allowing them to grow in the Grace and Knowledge of Jesus Christ. Then allowing Jesus to transform their lives, minds, and thinking.